Thanks to nearly 1,000 Papa John’s employees, Give Kids The World looks more magical than ever. The Papa John’s Humanitarian Project brought buses of ready-to-work Associates, Employees and Owners, and in just 4 hours, the Village was transformed! The Village’s 1,500-foot long exterior wall received a fresh coat of paint, but that’s not all! Here is just a glimpse of what this incredible group accomplished:
Fairy Tale Forest:
- 1,042 feet of vinyl fencing cleaned and waxed.
- Matthew’s Boundless Playground was sanitized, landscaped and mulched.
- The Korral fencing was repaired, replaced and repainted.
- All weeds were removed and volunteers installed a weed barrier.
- New foliage, rock and mulch were placed throughout.
Park of Dreams:
- Added new sand and stones after cleaning all of the pool furniture.
- Installed a bamboo wall at the Hula Hut.
The Enchanted Carousel:
- Polished all of the brass and cleaned each of the beautiful Carousel animals.
- Applied a water seal to the deck around the Enchanted Carousel.
Fishing Gazebo and Bob’s Sparkleberry Nature Trail:
- Cleaned and water sealed the 1,124-square-foot dock.
- Trimmed back vegetation on the Nature Trail.
- Cleaned and water sealed the entire 565-foot long and 7-foot wide wooden walkway.
- Yards were raked, weeded and mulched around all 140 Villas. In addition, new foliage was planted in the flower beds.
As an added bonus, Papa John’s volunteers removed all old landscaping from the area across from Volunteer Services. This area was then framed, grated, leveled and prepared for pavers. By the end of the day, Papa John’s had created a 25-foot by 35-foot Volunteer Gathering Place, featuring a patio area and an accessible sidewalk.
The materials used to accomplish such an impressive array of accomplishments included:
- Over 130 gallons of paint
- 40 gallons of water seal
- 10 tons of rock
- Over 1,800 linear feet of lumber
- 15 cubic yards of white sand
- 700 potted plants
- 3,960 bags of mulch
- 3,100 paver stones
- Snacks, drinks, sunscreen, gloves and, of course, fresh and delicious Papa John’s pizza!
Thank you Papa John’s! It was an honor to have you visit Give Kids The World, and we are in awe of all the magical accomplishments you left behind.