Blogger Kelly Green (aka SeaWorld Mommy) has been a friend to the Village for years. She helped organize the first Blogger Bash and is now helping organize GKTW’s first Twitter Party! Below she details how you can join in on the fun.
Scavenger hunts are perfect this time of year. And while this one is online and not outdoors (unless you want to take your tablet outside…), it’s a fun way to get your game on while learning more about Give Kids The World Village, and about impressions made on bloggers who recently visited in our first-ever Blogger Bash.
“Trick or Tweet” Twitter Party Thursday, October 17
7–8 p.m. EST.
All you need to do to join in on the fun is:
- Register by entering your Twitter name in the comments section below
- Follow Give Kids The World Village and our sponsor, Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- Follow our hosts @SeaWorldMommy and @AdventuresByDad
- Read the blogs listed below. The questions asked will be directly related to the posts. Answers can be found within the text or in the photo captions. Hint, hint: There may even be a question or two taken from the GKTW website.
- Respond to each Question using hashtag #GKTWTweetUp
Of course, what’s a party without some presents? We’ll be providing some cool GKTW Halloween-themed swag packs and our generous event sponsor, Holiday Inn Vacations, is donating a 2-night stay in a 2-bedroom villa at any Holiday Inn Club Vacations® resort.
Scavenger Hunt Clue Destinations:
(Tip: Read these before the event so you have the best chance at answering first)
Pre-Tweet to Win:
Anyone who tweets the link to this page with the hashtag #GKTWTweetUp before the start time of the “Trick or Tweet Twitter Party” will be entered to win a GKTW Logo Watch.
About the Party:
Give Kids The World Village has been serving families since 1986 from all 50 states and 74 countries. We’re hoping to add the voices of many bloggers and tweeters to continue to spread the word about the special families that visit us every week and the army of volunteers and workers who help provide a vacation-of-a-lifetime for kids facing a life-threatening illness. Blogger Bash ’13 was a way to introduce (or re-introduce) bloggers and local media to our storybook resort. Their blog posts detail the impact our Village had on them.
Come join the conversation about Give Kids The World Village Thursday, October 17th to discuss those blog impressions, and how you can help spread the word about our mission to provide memorable, magical, cost-free experiences to children with life-threatening illnesses and their families.
Disclaimer and Twitter Party Giveaway Details:
Open to legal U.S. residents aged 18 and older at time of entry. No purchase necessary. The event will be open from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (EST) on 10/17/13. The Twitter Party Conversation will be tracked by the Hosts, Sponsor, and Give Kids The World (the Promoters) on HootSuite. Winners for each question will be the first person to correctly answer the question and post. Post is verified by Promoters. All decisions are final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoters and/or Sponsor reserve(s) the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value. Ten prizes (listed below) will be awarded for correctly answering a Scavenger Hunt question. The Grand Prize Vacation (retail value of $498) will be selected at random using Random Picker (randompicker.com) from all entries received during the “Trick or Tweet” Scavenger Hunt. The Pre-Tweet GKTW Watch prize (retail value of $50) will be selected at random using Random Picker from all properly formatted posts tweeted from the time of this blog posting until 7:00 p.m. EST, Thursday, October 17.
Prizes (retail value varies):
- Spook and Splash – a beautiful Give Kids The World beach bag and towel with a GKTW logo.
- Fantasy Fingerprints – two canvases containing artwork done by a GKTW wish child
- Haunted Hats – two GKTW baseball hats
- Candy Surprise – two champagne flutes with the GKTW logo filled with candy
- Costume Combo – two Gingerbread Run t-shirts
- Box of Mystery – a lovely jewelry box with a GKTW logo
- Spook and Splash 2 – another beach bag and towel
- Candy Surprise 2 – two more champagne flutes with the GKTW logo filled with candy
- Boo Bag – a gym bag with the GKTW logo
- Trick or Treat Time – Trick? Or Treat? This prize is a surprise!
- 2-night stay in a 2-bedroom villa at any Holiday Inn Club Vacations® resort.
- Travel must be completed by March 31, 2014. Accommodations are based on availability.
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations resort locations include:
- Orlando, FL
- Panama City Beach, FL
- Marco Island, FL
- Brownsville, VT
- Myrtle Beach, SC
- Gatlinburg, TN
- Las Vegas, NV
- Lake Geneva, WI
- Galveston, TX