Valentine’s Day inspires love throughout the Village, and what better way to store all those lovely Valentine cards than with a Valentine Buddy! This heartwarming project is sure to get your creative juices flowing.
- white/pink/red craft foam (cut into a heart shape)
- pink/red construction paper (cut into a heart shape)
- other color construction paper (cut into very small heart shapes)
- foam glue or glue gun (glue gun recommended; children: use under an adult’s supervision)
- 2-3 pipe cleaners
- heart stickers, glitter or any fun decorations
- Take 1st pipe cleaner and bend in half, then glue to one side of the craft foam heart at the bottom.
- Take 2nd pipe cleaner and glue straight across the middle of the heart, horizontally. Then let it all dry.
- Take construction paper heart and use very small paper hearts to decorate. For example, you can use two upside down hearts for eyelids and a variety of small hearts to create lips.
- Now comes the fun part – time to add character! You can use heart stickers, glitter or anything you can imagine to make this project your own. Maybe your creation will feature funny hair and eyebrows.
- Once the craft foam half is dry, add glue to the outside edges of the foam and lay the construction paper heart on top (face/decorated side up.) Then let it all dry.
- Once dry, bend the bottom pipe cleaner into feet. You can use another pipe cleaner to make toes that will help the holder to stand upright.
- Take the other pipe cleaner and create arms for your character. By twisting them into a spiral, your creation can now hold your Valentine card.
Enjoy your lovable creation!
From the Give Kids The World family to yours, Happy Valentine’s Day!