Give Kids The World can accommodate any volunteer group size and we can customize your group volunteer experience. Spend a day, an afternoon, or just a few hours. Groups may volunteer on a select date, on a regular basis, or several times per year. Volunteer groups are typically scheduled in a variety of areas throughout the Village including:
- food service
- entertainment venues and programs
- behind the scenes projects
- much more
Whether you are visiting the Central Florida area or simply looking for a volunteer opportunity for your group in the community, Give Kids The World offers a variety of volunteer experiences. If your group is looking for higher level of interaction with our children and families, morning and evening shifts are best. During the Mid-Day shifts, we get more behind-the-scenes projects accomplished. Regardless, each one is essential to our program.
Please follow the steps listed below:
1) Group FAQ - Please review the Group Volunteer Frequently Asked Questions in its entirety.
2) Secure a Date - When you are ready to secure a date, the group leader should request a Volunteer Group Application form from the Village’s Volunteer Services Department (firstname.lastname@example.org/1-888-577-9406). The completed form can be emailed or faxed to email@example.com/1-888-577-9406.
3) Apply Online - Once the application is approved and the dates are secured with the group leader each volunteer in the group will need to submit an online application. Please provide all volunteers in your group with your specific group name to include in the online volunteer application.
4) Parental Agreement - Potential volunteers aged 12 - 17 must have their parent/guardian complete and submit this form either at the Village or via fax (888-577-9406)
Background check information will be provided via email upon receipt of application.
Volunteer Group F.A.Q.
Volunteer Guidelines - Please download this guide to read helpful reminders and rules for our volunteers.
Need more information? To reserve a date on our group volunteer schedule please email us and include as much information as possible:
- the group leaders contact information
- total number of volunteers
- specific dates your group is interested in volunteering
- the age range of volunteers
- what time you prefer to volunteer.
Volunteers must be 12 years of age or older to participate in the volunteer program.
Please Note: While we look forward to working with Volunteers visiting from near and far, at this time we are unable to offer housing accommodations for our out of town volunteers. We suggest that you visit the Kissimmee area Convention and Visitors Bureau website to locate resources for accommodations.
Age Restrictions: Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children who are not over 12 years of age, registered in our system and scheduled to volunteer. Please do not bring your children to your volunteer shift unless they meet these requirements. Thank you for respecting these restrictions.
Communication Guidelines: We value diversity in our volunteers, however, in order to best serve our guests, all of our volunteers must be able to speak and understand English in the unlikely event of an emergency.