Give Kids The World depends on volunteers, known as our Angels, to fulfill hundreds volunteer shifts every day. Whether you’re in the Central Florida area, visiting from around the states, visiting from another country or are a former wish family wanting to give back then we invite you to be a part of our family!
If you are visiting or live in the Central Florida area and are interested in volunteering on a weekly, monthly, or a few times a year basis please follow the following steps:
1) Submit an online application
2) Submit a background check (18 and older) or parental agreement (12-17 years old) *
3) Attend a general volunteer orientation (required of volunteers that live within 90 miles of the Village) * *
4) Sign up for your first shift.
Ready to apply? Each volunteer must submit an online application to get started. Please review the links below to submit all required paperwork.
We look forward to welcoming you into the GKTW family and can’t wait for you to get started!
Apply Online - Use our online volunteer application to get your volunteer experience started. Please remember, all volunteers needs to submit an online application.
Parental Agreement - In addition to our online volunteer application, potential volunteers aged 12 - 17 must have their parent/guardian complete and submit this form either at the Village or via fax (888-577-9406)
Volunteer Guidelines - Please download this guide to read helpful reminders and rules for our volunteers.
* Background check information will be provided via email upon receipt of application.
* * Please allow 2 business days for all paperwork to be processed before calling to register for volunteer orientation.
Please Note: While we look forward to working with Volunteers visiting from near and far, at this time we are unable to offer housing accommodations for our out of town volunteers. We suggest that you visit the Kissimmee area Convention and Visitors Bureau website to locate resources for accommodations.
In addition: Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children who are not over 12 years of age, registered in our system and scheduled to volunteer. Please do not bring your children to your volunteer shift unless they meet these requirements. Thank you for respecting these restrictions.