Let us help you personalize your wish! Communicate with your Village Vacation Planner any special needs, requests or interests of your wish child and family. We will work within our resources to help create magic!
- Favorites - Send us a list of the wish child’s favorite things at least two weeks prior to their arrival and we’ll provide a personalized gift with a note from Mayor Clayton or Ms. Merry.
- Dietary Requests - Our food and beverage teams are more than willing to assist with any special dining requests. Nothing’s too hard for them—french fries for breakfast; gluten free options; pureed food options—they can do it all! Contact Food and Beverage Manager Dan Mohan to discuss the family’s unique needs (407-396-1114, ext. 4277 or DanielM2@gktw.org).
- Medical Facilities - Download the Village Guide (en Espanol) for a full list of the hospitals, clinics and pharmacies in our area.
- Nemours CareConnect - While traveling in Central Florida, families can now access expert pediatric care 24 hours a day and seven days a week through Nemours CareConnect. Through their app and website, children can see board-certified pediatric doctors and care providers with a mobile phone, tablet or computer. The face-to-face online consultation works much like FaceTime or Skype and typical issues include: allergies, fever, rashes, abdominal pain. To learn more, visit www.NemoursCareConnect.com. As always, if a family requires medical attention while in Central Florida, we ask that they reach out to GKTW’s Manager on Duty (available 24 hours a day).
- Medical Equipment, Supplies and Stroller Rentals - Should you need to rent medical equipment, supplies, hospital beds or strollers for family, we recommend Orlando Medical Rentals. Their team provides consistent, outstanding service to our families. They are available 24 hours a day and no request is too difficult for them. We’d encourage you to reach out to them at 877-356-9943 or www.OrlandoMedicalRentals.com.
- Bloodwork and Laboratory Services - Mtech-Health Services provides mobile bloodwork and laboratory services. The team from Mtech-Health is willing to visit Give Kids The World Village to provide these services to wish families. This would be a great benefit to families who need these services during their trip because it would save them time from visiting a local hospital or lab. To learn about pricing and appointments, please contact Mtech-Health directly at 407-892-1256 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nursing Services - If you need to utilize local nursing services for a family, we recommend Maxim Nursing. They can be reached at 407-647-6555 or OrlandoNemail@example.com.
- Interpreting Services - To ensure a quality experience for wish families, interpreters are strongly encouraged for those who are not fluent in English. Give Kids The World recommends two local interpreting services:
Corazon Communications: Sharing a long-standing relationship with GKTW and various wish-granting organizations, Daniela and her team have been offering wish assistance in Central Florida for more than 20 years. In addition to interpreting services, Corazon prides themselves on providing an excellent wish experience by coordinating park visit details and assisting with any challenges a family may encounter. For the best wish experience, Corazon recommends a minimum four days of service for wish families visiting the area theme parks; though they will accommodate from a single day to a full wish experience to ensure the best possible outcome. Contact Daniela directly to discuss options, pricing and scheduling (407-247-7761 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
LTC Language Solutions: Since 1993, Martin and his team have worked with organizations around the world to meet language and communication needs. LTC is now partnering with GKTW to offer translation services for wish families, including as little as a half-day service. All scheduling and billing will be handled through GKTW. Contact Amy McClintock for information on options, pricing and scheduling (407-396-1114, ext. 4301 or AmyM@gktw.org).